Saturday, April 14, 2007

Best ways to do chores

Many households do chores differently and I don't think there is a correct way to do them. I have found some tips that have helped me over the years and I will relay them here for you.

It is helpful to start at the top of the house and work your way down. This is two-fold. The first being that if you are dusting and vacuuming upstairs then any dust will fall downstairs. The second part is if you have clothes or dishes upstairs and you take them down to your clean kitchen you are going to have to clean the kitchen again.

It will help to dust the house on a daily basis and polish once a week. This will keep down on the dust in the house and help to stop sneezing and allergies. A hint for this one, get one of those feather dusters and have your kids do it, small kids especially like to play with it.

The same applies to vacuuming and sweeping on a daily basis and mopping once a week. It will help cut down on the dust and if you have pets, the hair.

I clean my kitchen twice a day. First in the morning after everyone leaves and then again after dinner. This is helpful to keep down the effects of germs in the house. I have found those bleach wipes to be fantastic in the kitchen. After I wash my counters and appliances down, I then take these and wipe them down again.
I empty the trash in the bathrooms once a week and I wipe down the toilet with the bleach wipes once a week. I found that putting comet into the toilet cleans it better than any other product I have tried.

There are many different things you can do to keep yourself organized and on track with doing chores. If you don't have a lot of time during the day because you work outside the house, then do one chore a night. It will help cut down on the large cleaning to do on the weekends. If you have children, get them to help you. They helped make the mess, teach them how to clean it up. It will help them in the long run. Cleaning a house is about keeping it organized and if you set yourself up on a schedule then it won't be as hard. Make a large list of everything you have to do on a weekly basis to clean the house and then figure out what you can do each day. Don't overwhelm yourself because then you will be less likely to do it. After you do one deep cleaning then it will be easier to keep up with the rest of the chores on a daily basis.

No comments: